Glenuig Community Association
Glenuig Community Association (GCA) has been responsible for several initiatives in the area. Through determined fundraising, notably through the Glenuig Music Festival (1983-1993) the local community built the magnificent Glenuig Hall that is owned and managed by the GCA. Since Glenuig Hall opened in April 1995 it has been the focus of a much admired programme of arts events as well as an important community hub and a popular venue for weddings and other private functions.
Glenuig Community Association is a Company Limited by Guarantree (but not having a Share Capital) and a membership organisation with Ordinary Membership open to all permanent residents of the mainland area between the Alisary Burn and the River Moidart.
Read or download our constitution here
Our constitution is made of of the "Memorandum", which sets out our aims & objectives, and our "Articles of Association", which are the rules governing the running of the Association.
Present Member Directors of Glenuig Community Association are:
Eoghan Carmichael, Alasdair Carmichael, Martyn Green; Glenda Green, Jean Langhorne, Sue McCann, Pamela Conacher, Fiona MacIsaac, Helen MacRae and Angus Mann.
The GCA exists to benefit the Community by:
- Providing Recreational Facilities
- Encouraging an understanding of our Heritage, Culture and Environment
- Creating employment and Training opportunities
- To promote the management of a Community Centre in Glenuig for the benefit the people of Glenuig and its environs
- To promote the acquisition of skills and training in Glenuig and its environs
- To create employment opportunities for local people
- To promote the continuation of Gaelic Language and Culture in the area
- To maintain and manage the New Hall for the benefit of all the Community
- To develop a network to assist training
- To open up opportunities for development within a local framework
- To facilitate and encourage the development of subsidiary enterprises
Read about the history of the GCA here
Find out about & apply for membership here
See our latest Annual Accounts here